Winnipeg: Have Mercy on our Souls

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Its very clear now. The Wpg Blue Bombers are a dead organization stumbling.

Yes, there's still some activity in the bowels of IGF Field. Jeff Bannon is still selling $240 (+ tax) Milt Stegall jerseys to ignorant lemmings. Jim Bell is bouncing from one coach's office to another - Bell's been assigned SUICIDE WATCH and

Wadullah Miller, the crown prince of locker room hazing has a chair growing out of his ass and a phone imbedded to his ear. So far, Miller has had to tell Mike Kelly there are currently no openings on the coaching roster. This is Kellly's 857th rejection, tying the all-sports record formerly held by Bomber VP Ross Hodgkinson. Kelly will break the record early today when the offices of the Bramalea Satellites open. Ross smartly gave up.

Bob 'Snitch' Irving has arrived with his Sony 240 tape recorder and is waiting for Tim Burke to awaken from his morning nap. Tim is in the newly sponsored JOE MACK NAP ROOM.

Listen, its an 8 team league. To get to the snake belly levels the bombers have descended you almost have to have wilful intent.

The biggest joke around Wpg this weekend concerned current holder of 'Canada's Smartest Man', Ticat OL Peter Dyakowski. Pete obliged Bob IRving with a short interview prior to slaughter and opined - "You gotta watch a team like Wpg - all their starters could start for any other CFL Team"..... Peter Dyakowski is now an idiot.....he;s been made honorary president of the Bomber Lemming Club...

Of 24 starters, a few special teamers and 2 kickers name me more than 3 guys who would (not could) start on other CFL teams. Didn't think so.

Name me one coach on the bomber roster who could displace another current CFL coach. Other than perhaps Craig Dickenson replacing Reinbold.

Name me one bomber executive or managr that could displace a fellow CFL exec. OK, Jim Bell could show anyone how to knot a tie and press a starched white shirt and Jeff 'The Jersey Jet' Bannon can sell a storm of stale bomber merch, destined for Garage Sale disposal in the next 3 or 4 years.

ROCK BOTTOM - MEET BOMBERS, BOMBERS - MEET ROCK BOTTOM....

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Okay, Bronks, quit yer pussyfootin' around and sittin' on the fence with this issue.

Spare no one.

And tell us what you really think! ;)

TM

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Tom Higgins to the rescue perhaps. Just a hunch.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Nah, Higgs would just get in the way of Wad's inevitable takeover bid.

Hostile Takeover, nonetheless!!!

5. Jayman

Jayman Member

I floated my theory on OB a while back, my butt still hurts.
    The three or four BoD's who are truly in control of The club are seasoned vipers. They will let it go further then float a rumor of an inside buy out. That will be denied, with a smile. Wee David is still smarting from his two previous HUGE flops. He, or a politically correct shill, will come up with the solution!!! Easy shmeasy. Ten cents on the dollar, all gov debt forgiven, U of M converts land lease to freehold, maybe a little cash to float the transition, she's gone to the only bidder!!
    "The boys" make out like the scoundrels they are. OB locks all threads that ask questions. Paul McCartney agrees to bi-monthly shows in a cabaret setting. All's well that dead end's well.

6. Flash

Flash Member

What's OB?

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

OB is a bomber fan site founded many yrs ago by a 12 yr old lemming, comprised mostly of overweight fanbois, lemmings, wannabee lemmings, shills, snitches, haters, tormentees and those still worshipping at the shrines of Buchko and Mack. Sorry Fanboys but Joe Mack night won't be held til next year and as far as 'Breakfast for Buchko', that boy is getting around a million in severance, won't need a tag day for 3 or 4 years. OB = OURBOMBERS.COM

Jayman and I totally agree that Miller is the 'inside man' for an eventual private buyout of the bombers INCLUDING the team, the stadium, all rights around the stadium and as Jay opines the land the stadium and parking lots sit upon. Total current value showing only construction and finishing costs are $255 million for stadium, $25 million for land, $10 million for team = $290 million total.

Buyout by Miller, Asper and chronies won't be for much more than $25 million and most of that will be take-back financing from Grotesque Greg Selinger, current premier of Manitoba. Miller & boys (The FlopWatch Gang) will be cool about a potential buyout but if they are gonna act, they'll have to do it within the next 2 yrs as Selinger is expected to flee manitoba prior to our next fixed date election.

Miller's bottom line. Even if the team draws squat (ie. 24,000 to 26,000 a game) you can still make money on concessions, parking, advrtising, etc. with TSN poised to give teams a turbo boost increase in monies. Also, Miller would use that stadium the same way Smiley Vyrus uses her tongue (ie. lots, plenty of concerts, car sales, Benny Hinn Festivals)

8. Jayman

Jayman Member

"comprised mostly of overweight fanbois, lemmings, wannabee lemmings, shills, snitches, haters, tormentees".....
    Bronks, I take it that after some time away your feelings have softened?
    You really should get back on Our Bombers! The Cougar Connect Hotline pop ups are not to be missed.

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

At this point it would be like asking Brock Lesnar to return to UFC. It wouldn't be pretty.

10. Jayman

Jayman Member

Bombers have a new problem, one i doubt they anticipated. The Bisons.
    Caught last nights game. Superior in every measure to recent Bomber attempts. The CIS programs are really good, both teams. Great value, $9.00 versus $120.00, better kicker, better QB, amazing RB, fired up athletes, healthy college crowd, Engineering Band (so bad they are hilarious), no "true blue believers" (those piss tanks @ BB games whose favorite part of the game is The Rum Hut), CIS female athletes in the stands, tons of fans with a true appreciation of an athlete, concessions reasonably priced, short line ups (cause students can buy a beer in 30 seconds and move on), free great parking because most of the crowd don't need to drive up to front door, i could go on and on.
    I will let my BB tickets slide but an evening Bison game, won't miss it. Had a blast. Best value at a sporting event in a long time.
    Best moment, WAD MILLER strutting around in that ill fitting 2g blue suite with monograms and cuff links at a college home opener on a warm friday night. College girls in tank tops and cut offs double taking him and laughing. Just inappropriate and out of touch. Hmmm, from a BB pres???

If you are tired of watching tired, skip The Big Blue and go and catch The Herd. You won't feel ripped off as you walk out. I guarantee you will be smiling.

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

Wad Miller was trolling the stands last nite cuz his office (aka The Presidential Orrifice) is just below the stands. Trolling for Bison alumni who've done well in biz, as Wad will need up to 10 million cold ones to snatch the team and stadium from Selinger - - - shouldn't be a problem once Bombers start bleeding red ink and Miller's Financial Assassins can make the '10 Cent on a Dollar' argument. Hopefully the duckies who purport to run the u of m will provide more than passive resistance when wad waddles in with his 'Final Offer'....