GAME DAY Winnipeg vs. BC

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Monday afternoon in Vancouver.

BC will be stinging after their last loss.

Winnipeg spends far too much time posturing in between gamedays, doing incessant media, taking too many practice days off, practicing poorly when they do practice.

I suspect Bombers will come out of the chute like a house on fire, {I've seen this movie before} - - - BC will adjust quickly and Bombers lack of fundamentals plus fundamental weaknesses at o-line and secondary will prove their undoing. Just might take Lulay 3 plus quarters to disarm the bomb.

Tags:
  2. Flash

Flash Member

Not giving the Bombers too big of a chance in this one.

3. CFLDaily

CFLDaily Member

Since becoming the starter, Travis Lulay has been held to zero touchdown passes on five occasions. Three of those times it was at the hands of the Blue Bombers defence. Lulay seems to struggle playing against Winnipeg no matter the situation.

Lions leading receiver Nick Moore is out for the game but they do get Emmanuel Arceneaux back. Bombers have fared better on the road than they have at home thus far this season. I think the Lions will win because they simply need to, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a closely contested game and Winnipeg hung close.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Winnipeg might have a minor shot historically but Lulay is coming out of the chute slowly this year, as appears his style. Benny VD will be pulling his hair out the longer the bombers stick with his guys.

Major concerns for me:

1. Blo-Jo (Mack) - for a former NFL/CFL scout with supposed contacts in the big leagues he sure has done a pitiful job at fostering relationships to bring in guys at needed import positions. Bombers have a crying need for at least two (probably three) upgrades on their o-line and Mack just keeps rotating pylons like Shannon Boatman, Jordan Tamborina, Andre Douglass, etc.

2. Tight End lacking - with a newbie QB like Goltz bombers should be popping a tight end in regular game formation. Lots of these types available but closest in Bomber camp is cdn. slot Cory Watson (currently injured). Newby QB needs more protection, not more receivrs requiring too much time for progressions. Especially when your current o-line is C- to D quality and porous as all git out in pass protect. Should have been doing same for a slow brittle reader like Pierce but why argue?

3. Too many dwarves, too many slows - in bomber secondary. Bombers have unique knack of giving other teams maximum space in coverage. Way too much space and time. Again, no McUpgrades in sight!

4. BC playing as if first half of year is meaningless - unless they want to lock up 3rd in West Wally's charges should be looking to keep pace with Sask & Calgary - but organizational philosophy runs contrary. Why, I don't know! CFL Puzzle Factory!!

5. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

When is game time?

6. Rids

Rids Member

5pm Mountain Time on TSN and NBC Sports Net.

7. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Thanks Rids!

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

Looks like Benny VDs in a mad race for the Dan Hawkins trophy (ie. a pink slip disguised as an e=mail)

9. Rids

Rids Member

Who expected it to be tied at 17 three minutes into the 4th quarter?

10. Rids

Rids Member

Now BC is taking over. 25-17.

11. Rids

Rids Member

Down to 92 seconds and it's BC 27 Winnipeg 20. Winnipeg ball with a Lion defender on the field getting attention.

12. Jayman

Jayman Member

I just feel sorry for all of them. The skill set, position size, general talent level just isn't there.
    Goltz wasn't worse than Buck so they can save the salary but he won't win a game for them unless they get really lucky.
    Coaching? phew.

13. Jayman

Jayman Member

Joe Mack 21-39
    Tim Burke 5-11
    Garth Butchko 7-17
    A dynasty in the making.

Barracuda likes this.
  14. Rids

Rids Member

Not sure what their future holds. They don't seem to make enough adjustments or save enough wrinkles for the later stages of the game. How much longer can this continue?

15. Bronko

Bronko Member

Alas, these are rock-ribbed and arrow-smooth men (ok, Butchko isn't a man) who are fully intent on going thru the pretense of being a professional sports team. They can do anything they want cuz essentially the bombers are a masonic society, but even magic masons can't produce good football. Goltz is green as grass, has a few good raw skills but this speaks more to early faith the team had in Buck Pierce - a 10 yr vet who's not even at the level of Rustin' Boltz or Max Hall.

16. Flash

Flash Member

Amazing set of records there Bronko. You'd think they'd be a little more nervous about their chances of finishing the year.

17. Bronko

Bronko Member

They'll finish the year Flash, don't you worry. They already have the parade and wrap-up party (prolly wrap up party only) booked. . . . . chance for all the bum buddies on the board to git together!!!

18. Barracuda

Barracuda Member

That's a terrible string of records.

19. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought winnipeg did rather well in one of the more tougher places to play in. I'm confident they'll get that first home win against the tabbies and then mack, burke and butchko will sign 10 year extensions.