World Womens Hockey, Iso's thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Bronko, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Yeah right, iso hates womens hockey!!!

Anyways, Canada now playing Finland and they've got a great new crew on location.

The beautiful Natasha Stanizewski, the analyst Jennifer Botterill and the bad guy, Rod Black.

Actually, Natasha would be an instant hit on ESPN or another USA sports network (golf channel, etc.) as she's a stunner, I think she makes Erin Andrews look ugly. Natasha's main problem is her plain talking speech, doesn't have the ballsy approach of Jenn Hedger, Natasha is a bit high-pitched, sometimes unexpressive.

Also think the recently retired Jennifer Botterill would be a tremendous addition to CFL football broadcasts as a compliment to the other Winnipeg girl already on the casts. She's a sports girl to be sure, a bit short in pure broadcasting skills but her intelligence and basic communication skills are what the networks are looking for.

Take a look at TSN when Botterill is on. Cheryl Pounder is doing color with Black.

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Rod Black. Just another reason not to watch.

3. pizmo

pizmo Member

The Canadian and American games are worth watching.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

What turned me off women's hockey was the lack of hitting & out here in Calgary the hero worship for Hayley Wickenheiser. I mean, I guess she's a good hockey player but just too much of her in the Calgary Herald & Sun as well as the local media. As far as I know what makes hockey players great is to be able to play great in physical games, knowing that it is going to hurt. Sure, there is contact in women's hockey to a degree but nothing like the men. And as a hockey fan, I want to see that. That's how I judge how good a player is. And that is what is wrong with women's hockey. As well as beating continually defeating countries like Austria or Sweden by 15 goals all the time. Not my cup of tea.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

Women's hockey is like watching 40 Phil Goyettes on the ice.

However, about 10 years ago when NHL was really crappy (pre-sid, pre-malkin, etc.) the women brought me back to the game with their elegant (but feisty) game. The passion of Canada vs. USA is virtually unequalled in international sports. True enough Al, Wickenheiser was totally overrated but watching gamers like Cheri Piper, Jenn Botterill, Cassidy Campbell, some exceptional little goalers, etc. was amazing. It wasn't like they were on every week either. Sometimes the women hockey was only only for a couple weeks a year, and only 2 or 3 Can vs. USA games

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

In Calgary, she is in the media constantly...

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

40 Phil Goyettes, I like that. Great skater, great shooter but no grit.