Wpg Free Press lays off football reporter +

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

7 others..... the FP is refusing to publish their own story, so this is culled from the Wpg Sun, the throwaway rag in Wpg. When I first heard this break last nite I thought Joe Mack had been appointed publisher of the Freep. (just as a sidenote, Paul Robson, the old hackup backup bomber lineback, asst. bomber GM, Bomber GM, bomber board member who actually recommended Joe Mack, spent a few unsuccessful years as publisher of the Winnipeg Sun (circ. 1988-1992)

Wazny was a decent football reporter, following in the footsteps of Fast Eddy Tait who was promoted to the NHL beat....

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/09/18/f ... s-off-stay

Tags:
  2. DCM

DCM Member

Of all the ones let go, Wazny was the one that surprised me the most. Shame it couldn't have been Lawless or possibly Friesen, but such is life.. Hope Wazoo can land himself a new home soon.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

The Wozard of Waz was a definite up 'n comer..... however, two of their best writers, Melissa MM Martin, a young metal-head who can write up a storm and Lady Lindsay Wiebe were also let go. According to Melissa the Freep simply let go of the last five reporters hired, something they have to do according to their union agreements.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

People on OB.com seem happy, if not jubilant he was let go. To the popint of calling him names happy. Why, what did he write to piss fans off?

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

Charlie Chan say fanboy irritated by truth!

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Colin deleted the thread of all the people who mocked Wozny, closed the thread & advised people to leave the journalists alone who were laid off. Good for him.